Meet Mailchimp and its main advantages for email campaigns
Created in 2001, Mailchimp is, until today, one of the most accessible and straightforward to use platforms for creating and launching email marketing campaigns.
Through an intuitive interface, it not only helps in the daily life of professionals in the area but also facilitates the development of small businesses that need a free or cost-effective tool.
Also, Mailchimp is known for its large amount of resources (as we will show below) and for its integration with websites, social networks, and other applications.
That is, it allows the union of several strategies and actions in just one place, which makes its use even more practical.
In this post, we selected the main features that Mailchimp offers and five tips for you to be successful with your campaigns. Keep reading to check it out!
To facilitate the daily lives of its users and help in the evolution of its results, Mailchimp has developed, along its trajectory, a series of resources that make the creation of email marketing campaigns more practical and accessible.
Through the tool (and according to the chosen plan), it is possible to:
- segment your contact list and create similar audiences (lookalike);
- customize emails and send them manually or automatically;
- perform A / B tests;
- access a huge variety of templates for email marketing and landing pages.
In addition to emails, Mailchimp also has other features that assist in a complete digital marketing strategy. You can, for example:
- use the platform’s CRM tool;
- create landing pages and registration forms;
- develop publications aimed at social networks;
- edit images for your campaigns;
- integrate your account with other marketing and management platforms.
- And, of course, access performance reports with the results of your actions.
However, we need to emphasize: the tool only works in its English version, which can end up creating some obstacles for those who have no command of the language.
But, if this is not your case, this may be the ideal platform to leverage your email marketing strategy.
Now that you know the main advantages and features of Mailchimp, it’s time to talk about email marketing campaigns and the most important points when creating them.
If you don’t already have an account on the platform, the first step is to access its registration page and fill in the email, name, and password information, in addition to choosing the plan that best suits your needs. That done, there will be two important steps:
- Perform some settings related to your business and integrations with your website and social networks;
- Import the list of contacts you already have or create forms and landing pages to capture new emails. Because it is very intuitive, Mailchimp facilitates (a lot) this first part for those who are starting to use it.
With this stage complete, it’s time to focus your attention on what matters most: defining strategies and creating email marketing campaigns. Shall we?
Creating email campaigns
When accessing the campaign configuration page, you must define its type (automated or regular, for example) and a name that makes it easier to manage.
After that, it is necessary to observe some essential points, such as:
- the appropriate choice of the list of contacts who will receive your email;
- editing the “from” field, which determines who will send the message. The customization of this space can make all the difference so that users are interested in your content;
- adding a title that is objective, informative, and, at the same time, encourages the reader to click on the email. This is an essential item to attract your contacts and increase your CTR;
- defining a theme or customizing the layout for your message. Like everything in the tool, this part is also elementary and can make your campaign much more interesting!
See how easy it is to start using this relationship channel with leads and customers? Other tips can leverage your strategies and make them more effective. Below, you can see five of them!
Five tips to optimize your results with email marketing
1. Segment the email base
We talked about choosing the list at the beginning of the campaign design, and here is an important tip: always segment your contacts according to their profiles.
Not everyone is on the same stage of the sales funnel and is interested in the same issues, so the lack of segmentation can negatively impact your results.
So, to help you deliver the right message to the right person, Mailchimp allows you to divide your contacts into three categories:
- groups that share common interests;
- segments organized by common characteristics, such as location and gender;
- and tags that help in identifying the types of contact registered.
2. Create from automated campaigns
In addition to simplifying the creation process for some campaigns, automation helps a lot in the strategy of interacting with customers.
Through it, you can set up personalized emails for several recurring situations, but that would generate a certain workload if you had to create everything manually, such as welcome messages for new leads or a request for evaluation of your product/service.
3. Perform A/B tests
Small details make all the difference to your opening and click-through rates. A given title, offer, or Call to Action (CTA) can be much more attractive when written one way instead of another.
But, like everything in digital marketing, there is no way to know what works if you don’t test it first. Precisely for this reason, A/B testing is essential to understand how to generate success for your campaigns.
Therefore, when setting up your emails, make different models for the same content (always changing one variable at a time) to analyze which one best suits your audience’s profile and behavior.
4. Review emails before sending them
Nobody likes to send a message and then realize they made a mistake here or there, right?
So, before launching your campaigns, always review the information, content, links, and the layout you chose for each one.
To avoid any doubts, you can send a test email to yourself before sending it to your targeted list. The lower the risk, the greater the chance of generating good results, isn’t it?
5. Track campaign performance
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, Mailchimp is also highly valued for its campaign performance reports.
In them, it is possible to check important metrics about email openings, clicks, cancellation of subscriptions, returns, and even referrals.
That is everything that refers to the behavior of your contacts about the content you send to them. This is a gold mine to reevaluate your strategies and make them more effective, right?
This monitoring must be done for each campaign carried out and become the beginning of a new cycle of content production relevant to your audience.
That is why, knowing the importance of this step, Reportei made the integration between Mailchimp and our reports.
Thus, you can have a complete analysis of all the data offered by the platform (generating a report in just three seconds) and have more time for what matters: planning email marketing campaigns that are the success of your company or customer.